Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
Directions1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Spray a large baking dish or sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray. Using a paring knife, butterfly each chicken breast across and open like a book (be careful, you can easily cut yourself doing this). On one side of the chicken, lay out 7-8 thin apple slices followed by 4-5 slices of cheese. Sprinkle each with fresh thyme. Fold over and brush the tops with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Place chicken breasts on a sheet pan and top with another sprig of fresh thyme, if desired.
4. In a bowl, toss chopped sweet potatoes with olive oil, smoked paprika, thyme leaves, salt and pepper until evenly coated. Arrange sweet potatoes in a single layer around chicken breasts.
5. Bake for 20 minutes and then stir sweet potatoes.
6. Continue to bake until the juices run clear from chicken and internal temperature of chicken registers at 165 degrees, about 10-15 additional minutes. Sweet potatoes should be fork tender.
Nutrition FactsCalories: 330
Fat: 10 g
Carbohydrates: 21 g
Sodium: 350 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Protein: 4 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg