- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Prepare the chocolate cake mix according to the instructions on the box, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl while mixing to ensure it’s even.
- Prepare your cupcake pan with your festive cupcake liners
- With the prepared cake batter, fill the cupcake liners two-thirds full with batter, making sure that you do not overfill.
- Bake for roughly 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick poked in the center comes out clean.
- Take the cupcakes out of the oven and allow them to cool completely on a flat surface. Make sure they are completely cool before frosting or the frosting could melt.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled, place your pre-made strawberry frosting in a piping bag with a tip of your choosing.
- Slowly pipe each cupcake, starting on the outside and working towards the middle as you build the frosting on top.
- Optional: rinse fresh strawberries and gently pat them completely dry before placing on top of the frosting as a fun and delicious garnish.