1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine and stir cookie crumbs, butter, and sugar until the mixture is thoroughly moistened.
3. Pour the mixture into a 9-inch pie pan, patting firmly and all the way up the sides.
4. Bake the crust alone for 5 minutes.
1. Whisk warm milk and chocolate together in a non-aluminum pan until chocolate is melted.
2. Stir the egg yolks and sugar together in a separate bowl until the mixture is a pastel yellow color.
3. Combine the cornstarch and salt, and add it to your mixture, followed by the vanilla, whisking the entire time to ensure an even blend.
4. Heat the mixture in a saucepan over medium heat until it starts to bubble and thicken.
5. Move the pan off the heat and stir for a minute.
6. Gently add the filling to the crust, smoothing the top over with a spatula.
7. Wrap the top of the pie with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm.
1. Beat cream, sugar, and vanilla on medium speed until the mixture hardens and stiff peaks form.
2. Top your pie with your homemade whipped cream and add chocolate curls, if desired and refrigerate.
3. Once you’re ready to serve, allow the pie to temper at room temperature for 20-25 minutes before enjoying.