Cooking Time: 1 hour 10 minutes (plus 1 hour cooling time)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
2. Drain pineapple in a sieve set over a bowl, pressing on the solids. Reserve the drained pineapple and ¼ cup of the juice.
3. Whisk flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk eggs, sugar, buttermilk, oil, vanilla, and the ¼ cup pineapple juice in a large bowl until blended. Stir in pineapple, carrots, and ¼ cup coconut. Add the dry ingredients and mix with a rubber spatula just until blended. Stir in the nuts. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan, spreading evenly.
4. Bake the cake until the top springs back when touched lightly and a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
1. Beat cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Spread the frosting over the cooled cake. Sprinkle with toasted coconut.